I found this recipe on Pinterest that sounded really good — Scrambled Egg Stacks. But, my fiance doesn’t like mushrooms and it doesn’t pass his requirement of having meat with every meal, so I decided to use it as a jump-start for my own recipe: Three-Layer Breakfast Scrambler.
I kept it simple so that I could use whatever we had in our fridge and freezer. It turned out pretty good; good enough to put it in the rotation of weekend breakfast meals.
The first thing I did was cook the (turkey) bacon and chop it up.
Then it was on to the eggs. I always sprinkle a bit of Lawry’s in any eggs that I make, I guess habit. But, it does give it a little bit extra flavor. I also mixed in a small amount of red onion.
In the meantime, I had three corn tortillas in the oven baking at 350* to make them a little crunchier.
Once the eggs were done, I took out the tortillas and cut in half (two servings). I layered the dish with a corn tortilla, bacon/egg mix, cheddar cheese, corn tortilla, bacon/egg mix, cheddar cheese, corn tortilla, bacon/egg mix and cheddar cheese. I served with salsa and sour cream.
Two thumbs up!
Three-Layer Breakfast Scrambler
- 4 large eggs
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 3 corn tortillas, 6″ in diameter
- Splash of milk
- Dash of Lawry’s Seasoning
- 2 tbs. chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- Salsa and sour cream, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350*. In the meantime, start cooking the turkey bacon. Mix the eggs with milk and Lawry’s seasoning.
- Put corn tortillas on aluminum foil and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Chop turkey bacon and mix with eggs. Cook on medium-low heat until cooked through.
- Take corn tortillas out of oven and cut in half, to create two servings. On each plate, take one tortilla half and layer with bacon/eggs mix, cheddar cheese, tortilla half, bacon/eggs mix, cheddar cheese, tortilla half, bacon/eggs mix, cheddar cheese.
- Top with sour cream and salsa as desired. Enjoy!
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook