As you know, I am usually pretty lazy on Fridays, thanks to my training plan. However, since the BIG DAY is on Sunday, I did a four mile run this morning to shake out the legs. I never run the day before a race because I’ve learned in training that I don’t perform as well, even if it is just a few miles.
So it was supposed to be an easy run, but of course, Mother Nature had to interject her two cents. At times, it was like I was running in place because the wind was gusting so hard. I was expecting to see the Tin Man and Scarecrow when I turned the corner.
So that was fun. Next time I run, it will be on the streets of Houston! Now time for some Friday Randomness…
Happy Friday the 13th! Many people think that its bad luck (whatever), but I personally love the number 13. My fiance and I were both born on the 13th, we’re getting married on the 13th and once we get married, I’ll have 13 letters in my full name (but after reading this, I’m slightly freaked out by that). My fiance also graduated from college on the 13th and grad school on the 13th. That’s a lot of 13s.
Did you see the article earlier this week that one in six Americans binge drink, on average “binging” with eight drinks four times a month. That is CRAZY. Although my fiance pointed out that that probably includes college kids, who are binge drinkers in themselves, and the “true” size of drinks, which makes us all binge drinkers.
I am always a sucker for inspiration, and when I came across this blog this week, I was so excited. They have all of these great lists and ideas of things that you need to do. My favorite one is “26 Life Lessons Learned by 26” — I think its so true and a reflection of how much we grow up in those years after 21… well, for some people. Here is the list:
- Being an adult can be fun when you are acting like a child.
- Love has nothing to do with looks, but everything to do with time, trust, and interest.
- Laughing, crying, joy and anger… All are a vital. All make us human.
- The greatest truths in life are uncovered with simple, steady awareness.
- Greed will bury even the lucky eventually.
- Bad things do happen to good people.
- Paving your own road is intelligent only if nobody has gone exactly where you are going.
- Uncertainty is caused by a lack of knowledge. Hesitation is the product of fear.
- Time heals all wounds… regardless of how you feel right now.
- Most of the time what you are looking for is right in front of you.
- Your health is your life.
- Chance is a gift, so act on chance when given the opportunity.
- Kindness and hard work will take you further than intelligence.
- People deserve a second chance, but not a third.
- Marry your best friend.
- Take lots of pictures. Someday you’ll be really glad you did.
- Money makes life easier only when the money is yours free and clear.
- Carelessness is the root of failure
- Your actions now create memories you will reminisce and talk about in your elder years.
- Stepping outside of your comfort zone will put things into perspective from an angle you can’t grasp now.
- Motivation comes in short bursts. Act while it’s hot.
- Purposely ignoring the obvious is like walking backwards toward the enemy.
- Taking ownership of failure builds the foundation for success.
- First impressions are completely worthless 50% of the time.
- Personal glory lasts forever.
- If you never act, you will never know for sure.
Do you think Friday the 13th is bad luck? What life lessons have you learned that you think are the most important?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook