I completely forgot to use The Stick yesterday, and boy, was I feeling it today! I think having a few days off from running for our ski trip was a good thing. My IT band wasn’t causing me any pain yesterday, but of course, it was back letting me know it was still there today. Grar. I was supposed to do seven, but I cut it down to six to be on the safe side. I did run some sprints in between, which felt good. When I got back, I did my arm workout (guess who can now do 25 pushups?! Yep.) and also worked on my hip stretches and spent some QT with The Stick. My IT Band still feels a little sore, but I think it’ll be OK. I will have to do another round of The Stick tonight and see how tomorrow goes.
Must think positive! Why can’t my body just push the injuries back a few months? After the Boston Marathon in April, I will be giving it a nice break from marathon running. At least until November.
Anyways, today is Valentine’s Day as I’m sure you know. I went to my favorite Target ever last night and actually got a good laugh by how crazy the card section was. There were cards scattered all over the floor, people were waiting three or four people deep just to look at the cards and all you heard was desperation from parents to make cards work for their kids’ valentines. My fiance and I decided a long time ago that we don’t celebrate Valentine’s Day. He always tells people it’s because everyday is Valentine’s Day in our house… at least that gets them to stop staring at us like there is no love in our relationship.
In honor of the day of love, here are ten things that I currently love about my life:
- … that I live in New York City. This has been a dream of mine since I was a little girl, and the fact that it’s come true is absolutely amazing. There are times where I get frustrated, don’t get me wrong, but it has been a phenomenal experience that will forever define me.
- … T-Rex Trying. Enough said.
- … eating salad for breakfast. Granted, this has been an experiment over the past few weeks but it has worked out really well. I love how healthy I feel after noshing on a big plate of veggies!
- … that I’m getting married this October in Jamaica! It is going to be amazing. And, the honeymoon in Spain isn’t going to be too shabby either.
- … you, reader. Yes, you! Thank you for reading my blog and listening to my random rants. Much appreciated.
- … running. Well, that’s kind of obvious. Despite the aches and pains that go along with it, I absolutely love that running is such a huge part of my life. It has made me into who I am today. It has led me to some great opportunities — Empire State Building Run Up, anyone? And has led me to meet some awesome friends.
- … the fact that I’m taking a crochet class tonight. Yep, I’m a crazy cat lady that knits and soon, crochets, but no worries.
- … the FiXiT Foundation, an organization that I volunteer for that is doing amazing things to end animal euthanasia due to pet overpopulation. They have this awesome site called GetYourFix.org — check it out!
- … randomness. If you’ve read any of my Friday Randomness posts, you know that it’s just kind of in my blood. I love being random each and every day of my life. It makes life that much more sweet… and allows you to experience some things that you otherwise might not ever do.
- … my family — my fiance and our two cats. They always bring a smile to my face and make me feel so lucky (well, more so my fiance than the cats… but don’t tell them that)! And, also our immediate families and closest friends that I consider family.
Happy Day of Love!
Do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? What are some things that you love about your life?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook