Isn’t it funny how as an adult your birthday tends to be less fun and therefore, not as exciting? Oh how I miss those days when you used to look forward to your birthday for an entire week and all you could think about was the cake and presents.
Maybe it’s just me. But turning 27 definitely isn’t as fun as turning 12! I did have a lot of fun as a 26-year-old. Here are some highlights:
- Got engaged!!! What’s better than that? Especially since it was at the end of an amazing and relaxing week in the Northwoods of WI
- Went to Iceland (amazing, add it to your list if you haven’t)
- Ran two marathons (Chicago Marathon and Houston Marathon)
- Returned to the slopes in VT for a weekend ski trip
- Spent a lot of time adventuring in NYC, which meant becoming BFFs with Yankee Stadium
- Had some great visitors in NYC, and had the opportunity to catch up with old friends
- Went to Great Adventure and spent the day riding rollercoasters (only my second time ever riding any)
- Started writing this blog and met a lot of amazing people (with more to come, I’m sure!)
- Channeled my inner old lady and learned how to crochet and became a better knitter, including completing my first afghan (cool projects to post soon, promise!)
- Was named the Brooklyn Running Examiner
Hmm, I’m sure I’m missing a thing or two. This year is going to be even more fun I’m sure of it. Getting married in Jamaica? Honeymooning in Spain? Running Boston and Brooklyn Marathons? YES! I’m sure there will be plenty more to fill in the year that will be celebrated on here with you all, so I’m looking forward to it.
So, naturally, the first thing I did on my birthday was get up and run. I mean, totally
crazy normal right? I stuck to a shorter run — 3.5 miles — so I didn’t overdo it with the IT Band and things felt pretty good, although I still have a wicked knot that needs to be worked out. I was working on it with The Stick this morning so hopefully that helps. Which means that although it’s supposed to be in the 70s today (that never happens on my birthday!), I’ll be wearing jeans (I’m rebelling against the dress pant since it is my birthday).
P.S. Skinny Runner is hosting another awesome giveaway; this time, she’s giving a pair of compression socks from Pro Compression. Hit up her blog and leave a comment for a chance to win! Or don’t, since that means I’ll have a better chance…
Do you find a way to still have fun on your birthday? What are you looking forward to this year?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook