When I saw a recipe on Skinny Taste for a dish with chicken sausage and potatoes, I knew I had to try it out. Of course, I decided I wanted to be creative with it and used it as inspiration.
The thing I love about this dish is it’s really easy, and you can make it with whatever ingredients you have — so each time you make it, it can be a little different. I would love to try it with regular chicken. Plus, it just feels like a great spring dish AND it’s gluten free!
Tuscan Chicken Sausage & Potatoes
- Al Fresco’s Chicken Sausage, 4 links (I used roasted pepper and Asiago cheese)
- Four large potatoes
- Red pepper
- Fresh broccoli
- Olive oil
- Ground pepper
- Garlic (two cloves, minced)
- Heat stir fry pan (or any large stove top pan) with olive oil. Cut chicken sausage into 1″ wide pieces and drop into pan.
- Let cook for 5-7 minutes. In the meantime, cut up potatoes into 1″ to 1-1/2″ squares. Drop into pan to cook; add ground pepper and salt to taste.
- Allow to cook for 20 minutes with cover on, or until potatoes are soft. While cooking, add in minced garlic and thyme. If potatoes start sticking to bottom of pan, splash in a bit of olive oil and mix.
- Cut up your vegetable of choice — I used broccoli and red pepper, but think it could be great with asparagus, carrots, tomatoes or spinach.
- Once potatoes and chicken sausage are cooked through, mix in broccoli and red pepper (or any other vegetable you would like to include). Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with parmesan cheese for extra seasoning. Enjoy!
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook