So last month I mentioned that I participated in Foodie Penpals for the first time and it was amazing. Such an awesome idea (thanks Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean!)! Of course, I’m hooked so I couldn’t say no to this month!
Carolyn over at Girl Meets Happy sent me the most amazing Foodie Penpal package! She is also gluten-free so had some great recommendations for things to try.
She sent me so many goodies, including:
- Organic brown rice pasta
- Sundried tomatoes
- Jelly Belly Sport Beans
- Trek Mix (with dried blueberries, which are amazing!)
- Green tea candies
- Spiced ginger
Can you believe I’ve never made pasta with sundried tomatoes? I was so happy to see these in my box because it gave me a good reason to try them out. I’ve never had the Sport Beans from Jelly Belly and am equally excited to see what these are like. A big thank you to Carolyn for such an amazing package!
P.S. Check out what I sent to my Foodie Penpal — Brooke — over at her blog, The Well-Nourished Traveler.
Interested in joining Foodie Penpals? Here is some information describing what the program is all about:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
- Foodie Penpals is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for May, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook