As you know, I kind of have an obsession with Mexican food. One of the things I love about it is it’s easy(er) to find gluten-free food compared to other cuisines, particularly Italian!
I love Gluten-Free Goddesses recipe collection and when I came across her recipe for Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas, I knew that it was good news. However, I am the biggest dork ever when it comes to grocery shopping and 75% of the time, I walk out of the store forgetting to buy at least one thing on my list. So, I had to make a variation of these since I forget one of the key ingredients… sour cream.
The sauce was really easy to make, but took about 15 minutes to simmer. I also loved that I had a TON leftover, so I have some in the freezer for the next batch. Easy peasy!
Next up was rolling the enchiladas. The enchilada mix is delicious. But, like I said, I forgot to buy sour cream… next best thing? Cottage cheese! Back to the corn tortillas… Heating them up on the skillet makes it so that they don’t fall apart when you roll them. I also added a bit of olive oil to keep them moist.
Next up, the easy part: baking them in the oven. And when they come out, pure deliciousness. Enjoy!
Baked Chicken Enchiladas (gluten free)
- Quickie Enchilada Sauce
- Cooked chicken, cubed
- 4 oz. can of green chiles, chopped
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. chili pepper
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 corn tortillas
- Olive oil
- Splash of lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. While you are making the Quickie Enchilada Sauce, sprinkle the chicken with pepper and olive oil and cook until no longer pink.
- Cube chicken and mix with green chiles, cottage cheese, spices and splash of lime juice. Allow to rest while you heat up the corn tortillas.
- Once the corn tortillas are heated through (about three seconds each side), fill with chicken mixture.
- Top with enchilada sauce (can make them as dry or wet as you want!) and finish off with remaining cheddar cheese. Sprinkle cilantro on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook