One of my favorites in the blogosphere is Ashley at Running Bun. She is the first blogger friend that I met in real life and she is awesome. She is also running Ragnar with me later this year! Right now she is training for NYCM as well, so be sure to stop by her blog to cheer her on during her training…
Oh, and the reason I’m telling you all this is because she nominated me for a Beautiful Blogger Award! Thanks, Ashley!
Here are the rules for how this goes down:
- Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post. (Done!)
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog. (Yeppers!)
- Tell 7 things about yourself. (See below!)
- Nominate 7 other bloggers for the Beautiful Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know. (Keep reading!)
So, here are seven random facts about myself:
1. I grew up in a small town. And I mean a really small town. Population has topped out around 1,200 in recent years! My graduating class had 64 people. Growing up in a small town had its pros and its cons, that’s for sure. Like, knowing everything about everyone (who their parents are, where they live, the most embarrassing fact about them, etc.) makes for an interesting time when you start dating. When you’re a teenager, driving up and down Main Street is the only thing you can do (without getting in trouble), which gets quite boring…
2. I once drank beer out of the Stanley Cup. One of the New Jersey Devils hockey players had a summer home near the restaurant I waitressed at and brought it in one night at work. Tradition was to fill with beer and drink. Yep. Pretty much awesome.
3. Living in New York City has been a dream of mine since I was in 5th grade. Now that I’ve made it here, it’s unbelievable! While it’s not our permanent home, it is an experience of a lifetime and I’m so happy that I’ve been able to act out my number one goal on my bucket list.
4. I used to hate running. When I was in middle school, my friend and I used to try to sprain our ankles in gym class so we wouldn’t have to run. How that has changed…
5. I think the pigeons and rats in the city are cute. We used to have pet rats in college so I think that’s why. And pigeons just do the most bizarre things, like walk across the street in the crosswalk. I think I’m the only New Yorker that feels this way.
6. I can’t keep Starburst Jelly Beans or candy corn in the house. I will eat them without control and probably could down a full bag in one sitting. Not good. That’s why I opt for watermelon (which my cat, Jax, definitely doesn’t mind… one of his favorite foods).
7. C describes my style as Californian, which many people agree with… I’ve been asked several times — from strangers — if I’m from California. Really random since I’ve only been there once. Perhaps its the (natural) blonde hair, bright colors and ripped jeans? Or maybe because I use the word wicked one too many times in conversations?
And, the seven bloggers I would like to nominate: