This morning I woke up even earlier than I did yesterday for Sweat Pink in the park. I am headed back to Wisconsin (yes, again) for my friend’s wedding AND to pick up my wedding dress AND for my bridal shower! It’s going to be a jam-packed weekend (but when is it ever not, let’s face it) but I’m still going to aim to get my mileage in. After all, I have a big goal of 150 miles for the month… and I’m at 5.
I thought I’d switch up Friday Randomness a bit by being less selfish giving you a look at this week’s Favorite Five, a.k.a. an update of what’s going on with my favorite bloggers:
- Megan at Run Like a Grl is having a giveaway for ZipFizz. You can still enter today until 5 p.m. ET.
- Planning a destination race? Check out Skinny Runner’s recommendations for how to do it without breaking the bank.
- Check out this new carrot cake muffin recipe from Alysia at Slim Sanity. They sound amazing.
- Bex at Bex Life is hosting a HUGE giveaway with MPG – you could win $200 in fitness gear. Entries accepted until 11:59 p.m. ET tonight.
- Have you heard about the (ridiculous) sponsor blackout for the Olympics? Oiselle has a great post in its blog outlining the details.
It was sold out once already and they added in more stock… so if you’ve fallen in love, don’t wait. Get it now!
I also couldn’t resist signing up for yet another race. Addicted, anyone? But, I feel like I would never be allowed to run in Prospect Park again if I didn’t run this race – the Battle of Brooklyn 10 Miler. On an old registration page, I learned this about the history of the Battle of Brooklyn:
In late August of 1776, British soldiers landed on Long Island and made their way into Brooklyn, where they attacked U.S. defenses, setting off the Battle Of Brooklyn, the largest battle of the Revolutionary War. While General George Washington and the US Army were soundly defeated by the British in that battle, the United States did, of course, ultimately triumph and win the War.
Looking forward to running it! While it’s on a Sunday and that’s normally a rest day, I’m going to use it for Ragnar training – do a long run on Saturday and get up early the next day for another 10 miles. If only I couldn’t recreate what it feels like to sleep in an SUV for the night.
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook