Thank you to Rachel at Rach Rach Bo Bach (isn’t her blog name the best?!) for nominating me for the Liebster Blog!
Here are the rules:
- Tell 11 random things about yourself. Answer the questions that the person who tagged you asks. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag.
- Tag 11 blogs and link them to your post.
- Contact them and let them know they have been tagged.
11 Random Facts
1. I had a seizure when I was a baby. My parents still don’t know why this happened and the doctors never really told them why, but apparently, seizures are kind of common in babies?
2. I used to have a pet hamster named Chester. I named him after my school superintendent. He was gray and white and I’ll never forget when my mom told me he died… we were in the car on the way home from school. I was in 4th grade and was wearing this outfit that had all these neon colors in it. She told me in the car once we got in the garage that he died. I cried and cried and cried.
3. I was once on the cover of a magazine… OK, not the type of magazine you are thinking! My mom used to work for a publishing company and for their issue about comic books for girls, I was on the cover reading a comic book. I got free Culver’s!
4. I drank beer out of the Stanley Cup.
5. I have lived in three different states for the past three Olympics. Where will we be for the next ones?
6. I have an
slight obsession with Chipotle. I have eaten it for lunch and dinner in the same day… more than once. If you ever need a Chipotle friend, please call me. I’ll never tell you no! (I’m not sure if this has anything to do with this is where I went on my first date with C.)
7. Before I met C, I had only flown once before in my life. The first time I visited Houston for Thanksgiving with his family… I must have seemed like such a hick! I was so impressed with everything, from the skyline to the 29 freeways that go through the city.
8. I hate cheesecake and whipped cream. I also don’t like chocolate and will only eat it if there’s a lot of peanut butter or if the taste isn’t super strong (aka covered with a bjillion ingredients).
9. When it comes to shopping, I’m a commitment-phobe. Even if I LOVE something, I have to think about it a lot more than I should (especially when it comes to clothing)… and by time I make my decision, it is usually sold out.
10. After “one of those days,” my favorite thing to do is watch “Say Yes to the Dress.” Best. Show. Ever. (And I thought this before I got engaged!)
11. I come from a really crafty family (it must be Midwestern?!). I knit, crochet, scrapbook and make cards. I used to make candles, paper and even wove baskets with my mom (check out her business!).
- Cats or Dogs? Do I have to answer this? CATS times a million. And P.S., I am drinking (alcoholic) cider and Apollo just came and shoved his nose in the drink and ended up with a few drops. Closet alcoholic?
- Cardio or strength? I will pick running any day, although I am learning the importance and value of strength training.
- Are you close with your siblings? YES. My sister is seven years older than me but is my best friend. We can be as different as night and day but we can sure laugh together, and that’s really important.
- What’s on thing that really annoys you? People who clip their nails in public. Oh. My. God. So gross.
- Favorite book? This is so tough because it’s hard to pick just one. But if there were one book I’d want with me on a desert island? It would be “Red” by Erica Spindler. SO good.
- If you could marry a character from a book who would it be? Mine would be George Weasley.. idk why, but he seemed loyal. Oh boy, this is a tough one. Ha! I would have to say Gale from Hunger Games. He just seems like such a good guy and I think it’s important to marry your best friend.
- Strangest food you’ve ever eaten? I ate whale when we were in Iceland! It was so good, a little chewy, but good.
- What’s your favorite type of food? I love fruits… from watermelon to cherries to even Starburst Jelly Beans, fruit is the best.
- Slippers or socks? Socks, but I love funky slippers.
- Ever run a race? Yes too many! I describe myself as addicted to races. Ha.
- What did you go to school for/going to school for? I went to school for strategic professional communications with an emphasis on public relations. I would love to go back to school for something healthcare related, like to be a nurse.
My Questions for My Nominees
1. City or country?
2. What is your favorite memory?
3. What did you want to be when you grew up?
4. Who is your favorite person that you know?
5. If you could go out to dinner with any celebrity, who would it be?
6. Chocolate or Vanilla?
7. Favorite blog?
8. What is your favorite color?
9. What is your favorite vacation?
10. If you won a million dollars, what would you do?
11. What is your favorite recipe?
1. Dayna at Dayna Tris NYC
2. Ashley at Running Bun
3. Tasha at Healthy Diva
4. Fleur at Fleur Cotton
5. Amanda at Run Principessa
6. Michelle at Blogitness
7. Martha at Running in Mommyland
8. Amber at Life, Love, Green
9. Kara at Kara Runs
10. Erin at One More Cupcake Please
11. Kelli at Howdy from NYC
What are some random things about you?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook