I may or may not be totally addicted to Little Black Bag. Just saying. This site is SO fun and very time consuming. I’m sure C thinks I’m crazy…
Despite feeling like a sore ball of muscles, I rolled out of bed this morning and got 4 miles in. It was tough (especially since the first mile is a huge incline) but I’m so happy I did it because this is what it’s going to feel like during Ragnar.
Five things I’m looking forward to this week:
- The Color Run! I am running the Color Run on Sunday and am pumped! Let’s just hope the rain stays away otherwise we can’t do fun color run stuff like get powder thrown in our faces. Our team name is awesome and we have some fun costumes. I don’t want to give it away so more details post-race.
- A new workout routine: I am switching up how I do my workouts moving forward to see if it makes a difference. The whole running and then squeezing in a few workouts afterwards while running around like a chicken with my head cut off just isn’t working. I’m going to focus four days a week on only running and then three days will be primarily cross-training/strength training. I may also sneak in a shorter run on one of those days so I can stick with my goal of running 5 days a week. I think spending 30-40 minutes on cross-training will be more effective than trying to squeeze in a few minutes here and there.
- Two-minute plank: I think I can do it! I will still do planks every day, or as much as I can. This morning, I did a 1:45 plank which is my longest ever and I know I can hit two minutes this week.
- Coney Island: I bought a Groupon for Coney Island with some friends and we are going to go on Saturday. I am excited to go… I’ve only been to Coney Island post-Brooklyn Half and only walked past as I headed to the subway so it’ll be a fun afternoon.
- Cooler weather: After all of my whining, it looks like Mother Nature may have listened! It was a cool 68* this morning on my run… no complaints here! I’m hoping the cooler weather is here to stay.
What five things are you looking forward to this week?