I cannot believe that it’s already November! That means Christmas is next month. How insane is that?! I love this time of year though. It definitely feels like November though:
BRRR! I hope everyone who is still without power is doing OK and staying as warm as they can. I am thoroughly impressed at how hard everyone is working to get things back to normal. P.S. If you are a New Yorker who doesn’t have water or power and needs a shower, head to New York Sports Club. They are letting people in for FREE to shower, charge up, workout, etc.
I did a shorter run this morning — 4 miles — since my legs seem a little tired still from last weekend’s 20 miler. I had to break out my favorite capris ever:
Can you believe that I bought these at Century 21 (discount store in NYC, must visit if you ever come here!) instead of at the Boston Expo? They were much cheaper… but weird that they were out there for anyone to buy. I would feel SO weird wearing gear for a marathon that I haven’t run before. Tomorrow is a rest day and Saturday will be another long run… my last real long run before the Brooklyn Marathon.
So since it’s the first, it’s time to talk about this month’s goals. I’ve kind of fallen off the map with these in recent months, but I’m back in action! Here are my goals for this month:
- Complete the Brooklyn Marathon. Main goal: have fun. I have no goals for this race, which is kind of a nice feeling. Sure, I have an idea of how I would like to finish in my head but I’m not sure that is really possible given the sporadic training this time around. I think running the Brooklyn Marathon will put me in a good spot for training for Houston Marathon (I will defeat Allen Parkway this year!).
- Get back into cross training. I was doing so well at this and then, well, the crazy wedding planning got in the way! I need to get back to cross training sessions at least two times a week, with push ups and planks throughout the rest of the week. I’ve been such a slacker on planks that even the Plank Police has stopped calling me out.
- Bring back the burpees! Remember my burpee challenge and how I was all like oh I’m going to keep doing these occasionally blah blah blah? Well, I’ve been slacking BIG TIME and it’s time to turn this around. I am committing to doing burpees once a week.
- Jump rope! When I interviewed Kara Goucher, she had said that she was trying to bring the “pop” back into her legs. I feel like I need to do the same… the week of Ragnar was absolutely insane since I ran 30+ miles at Ragnar and followed up the next weekend with a 20 miler. Jump roping helps to improve speed and agility, two things I need. So my goal is to integrate 5 minutes of jump roping into my workouts at least twice a week.
- Share our wedding with you! I am working on a post with more details about our wedding and want to post it ASAP… stay tuned! :
Oh, and since my Gu giveaway winner never claimed the prize, I am doing a re-do! Tell me in the comments below what one of your November goals are by tomorrow at 5 p.m. ET and you will be entered for a chance to win.
P.S. Apparently someone is ready for me to go back to the office (usually he’s glued to my side)…
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook