Today is a rest day today as tomorrow is my LAST long run before the Brooklyn Marathon! I haven’t decided how far I’m going to go, most likely in the 12-14 mile range (which means no fuel belt for the run, woo!).
I’m also pumped because I have big plans for the blog this weekend… fingers crossed it all works out, but let’s just say there may be a new look!
- The ING New York City Marathon will go on. Wish Ashley at Running Bun and Dayna at Dayna Tris NYC (and anyone else you know running!) luck as they tackle the 26.2 miles in what will be sure to be one of the most memorable marathons, thanks to Sandy.
- Janene at One Run at a Time wrote a great post about committing to a healthier life and why you should participate in Commitment Day.
- Michelle at Push.Pump.Progress is giving away an Armpocket! Check out her review and enter to win. Contest ends tomorrow.
- Do you want a Garmin 10? Then you need to enter Janae’s (Hungry Runner Girl) giveaway. It ends Nov. 6 and there are already nearly 2,000 entries. Hey, someone’s gotta win, right?!
- To complete your running look, Marcia at Marcia’s Healthy Slice is having an amazing giveaway for Puma gear. It doesn’t end until next week so you have plenty of time to enter.
- BONUS: Ragnar is hosting DAILY GIVEAWAYS through the end of the month! Check out their Facebook page for details.
Last year I had the opportunity to interview a gentleman by the name of Drew Swiss who has run for Team for Kids since 2007. He is extremely inspirational and has quite possibly the biggest heart in the world.
Over the years, he has raised more than $175,000 for the organization! He is running the ING New York City Marathon again this year, on his 55th birthday and is doing an incredible job at fundraising once again. In fact, he raised his goal to $60,000 and is SO close to reaching it. Check out his story and if you are so inclined, help him meet his goal to help kids in need.
I think I’ve mentioned before that my friends have this super cool company called Scared Panda where they design and sell amazing shirts. They recently launched thermals for this fall and winter…
They are absolutely AMAZING. So comfortable and nice and long, which are my favorite type of shirts. Since they are based in Minneapolis, they have a Minnesota/Midwestern theme for all of their shirts. They have some pretty cool designs and are always coming out with new ones. The best part is that they donate a portion of their sales to Minnesota Computer for Schools, which helps schools bring technology into the classroom. Plus, since they are pretty awesome people, their blog is fun to read. Check it out!
Thank you Kelli at Howdy from NYC for reminding me that this is NaNoWriMo — National Novel Writing Month — which is a really cool initiative to get people writing. It’s not too late to sign up (it just started yesterday) and if you need extra inspiration to write, definitely check it out. I am going to do it to get a head start on a novel that I’ve been writing in my head for years. I promise it’s a best seller. 🙂
What are your random thoughts for the day? What are you looking forward to this weekend?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook