Hurricane Sandy caused a lot of destruction as she hit the East Coast… I’m sure you’ve seen the coverage. As I’ve mentioned before, we were really lucky and didn’t lose power or water and our entire neighborhood only had a few downed trees.
Not everybody was so lucky. There are many people in New Jersey who have lost everything. EVERYTHING. It will take months – if not years – to rebuild.
Kara (who blogs over at Kara Runs and lives in New Jersey) and I want to help people in need in someway. Since we are somewhat useless right now with lack of public transit, we decided to follow our passion – running – to create a fun way for people to help.
And that’s how we came up with the Virtual Race for Hurricane Sandy Recovery, with proceeds benefiting the Red Cross to help disaster recovery efforts on the East Coast.
How to participate
- Run a race of any distance the month of November. There are TONS of fun holiday races this time of year so grab a friend (or two!) and sign up.
- Register for the Virtual Race for Hurricane Sandy here.
- Pledge your donation (a minimum donation of $10 requested) here. ALL PROCEEDS will be donated to the Red Cross.
- Tell all of your friends that you are participating and invite them to join us, too.
- Run your race and tell us how you did! Make sure to send us pictures.
Why you should participate
- Help those in need by doing something that you love.
- We will have AWESOME prizes from some of your favorite companies… just by participating, you will have the chance to win some of these. You don’t want to miss out.
- Did we mention that you’ll be helping those in need?
- Extra motivation to train hard this holiday season (that way, you won’t feel too bad when you sign up for one… or three… cookie exchanges).
- You’ll also help those in need.
- There will be some awesome virtual swag… like a badge for you if you blog and a bib that you can wear during your race to show your support.
- Register for the Virtual Race for Hurricane Sandy Recovery HERE.
- You can join anytime until November 30. You must run your race by November 30 to be eligible for prizes and virtual swag bag goodies.
- Minimum donation is $10, you can donate more if you would like!
- ALL PROCEEDS will be donated to the Red Cross. Let’s see how far we can run and how much we can raise!
Questions? Let us know!
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook