Happy last day of 2012! I can’t believe how fast this year went, it seems like the past couple of months seriously flew by. I already recapped the “best of” the year in an earlier post, but wanted to pull out some highlights because this year was pretty awesome:
- Watched the Olympic Trials in Houston and met Meb
- Ran the Houston Marathon to get my second best marathon time
- Participated in the Empire State Building Run Up!
- Ran the Boston Marathon… the warmest on record
- Self-diagnosed myself as gluten-free… only to find out six months later that no, that’s not the case (big lesson learned!)
- Spent a week at the cabin with family in Wisconsin
- Ran with an amazing team in the Ragnar Adirondacks
- Ran the Brooklyn Marathon
- Raised over $1,400 for Hurricane Sandy recovery
More about my goals for 2013 tomorrow. But now it’s time to get prepared for our big night out…
Tonight we are going to see one a world favorite DJ, Armin Van Buren. It should be fun. Although we thought that we had seats (we bought VIP tickets) so I bought these crazy wedges (they were 70% off, awesome deal)…
Before we head out, I’m trying to wrap up the 2012 Closeout Challenge. I have quite a few squats to do to finish up the challenge today but I will get it done! I am bummed because my left leg hurts below the shin on the front and I hope it goes away so it doesn’t flare up during the marathon. There’s always something, right?
How are you celebrating New Year’s Eve? What were your favorite moments from 2012?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook