Today was the first day that I got my sweat on since the Houston Marathon… my hamstring is still feeling super tight and a little off, so my personal PT (aka C) said I should take another rest day.
I decided it would be a good opportunity to do some cross-training, specifically for my ab muscles… and time to spend some QT with my beloved:
I created a quick workout and was my muscles were so crabby after 2 rounds… next time, I’m going for 3:
(KB lift = laying on back in sit-up position, hold kettlebell at chest and raise slowly and lower (one rep)
(Weighted crunch = laying on back in sit-up position, put two dumbbells in your hands and extend out behind you. Lift your arms with your body to do a sit-up. The added weight makes it BURN!)
Here’s to hoping tomorrow is a good running day!
- Tasha at Healthy Diva on the Run competed in her first CrossFit competition and rocked it! Check out her recap and leave her some kind thoughts.
- Ready to win? Megan at Run Like a Grl has been on a giveaway spree and now wants to give two of her lucky readers a Boni Band.
- Kara at Kara Runs talks about her love for the treadmill (good perspective on what many call the dreadmill)… she recently did a tempo run on it!
- These breakfast bars from Julie at ROJ Running sound amazing (and super easy to make!).
- Another amazing recipe from Corrie at Corrie Anne: Vegan Coconut Banana French Toast. Incredible!
I recently started reading Chrissie Wellington’s book, “A Life Without Limits,” and it’s really good.
I actually started it on the plane back from Houston, but was already in the middle of Jodi Picoult’s book, House Rules (which is really good). I can’t wait to read more about Chrissie’s story — already I can tell she’s pretty much incredible.
What are your random thoughts for the day?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook