A few weeks ago I splurged on one of my shopping trips and picked up some Silk Vanilla Almondmilk. I know, living life on the edge.
Anyways, I’ve heard amazing things about this and figured it was about time for me to get in on it.
And now I ask… why did it take me so long?!
I’m sure you’ve seen a few different posts about how I’m using this in my everyday meals… I love it because it is better for you than regular milk and has a richer taste. In just one glass of Silk Almondmilk, you can get 45% of your daily calcium versus only 30% for milk. Plus it has 10 fewer calories per serving compared to milk. If you choose the unsweetened version — it only has 30 calories per serving! Plus you don’t lose any of the nutritional value!
So, where has Silk found it’s way into my diet? Here are a few of my favorites:
- CLICK protein shake — 4 oz Silk Vanilla Almondmilk with 8 ounces water and one scoop vanilla latte. Major yum!
- Pancakes — replace milk with Silk. Result? A much fluffier and thicker pancake.
- Cereal — I love that it’s thicker so it gives it a better texture, plus the vanilla flavor complements it nicely.
- Mashed potatoes — My favorite! And so easy to switch to Silk for extra flavor.
- Eggs — I added some Silk instead of milk to some eggs I made last weekend and they came out so much more fluffy!
It’s so fun experimenting to see where I can fit Silk into my life, especially since nutrients like calcium are so very important for runners. I even made Fettucine Alfredo with it and it was amazing. I loved how it gave it a sweeter flavor and this is the first time in my life of making alfredo sauce that it actually thickened up and wasn’t a runny mess. Best part? It tasted healthier. Recipe coming soon.
In the meantime, Silk is releasing 30 new recipes on its Facebook page from my fellow FitFluential Ambassadors! A good handful has been posted already, with more to come… and there are some AWESOME ones.
A few of my favorites:
I cannot wait to try the Warm Cinnamon Raisin Quinoa this weekend… along with this one. Hello happy tastebuds.
Now a question for you… what are you waiting for?
FitFluential LLC compensated me for this Campaign. All opinions are my own.
Any favorite Silk Almondmilk recipes? What new Silk recipe do you want to try?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook