My sleep brain over took my running brain and convinced myself that today should be an extra rest day… I know this is wayyy against the training plan, but you know what? It did feel good.
Over the years, Friday has been a rest day 93% of the time so I think I will need to work on changing my mentality that no, today is a run day.
Tomorrow and Sunday are 10 miles each so I know my legs will get a good workout and it’ll make up for being such a slacker today.
- Girls Gone Sporty is hosting a special Valentine’s Day giveaway (ooh la la) for an IRONJEN Pink RUN necklace. The giveaway is open until February 7 and you can enter multiple times each day.
- For all you moms out there, Tori Spelling is hosting a giveaway for this super duper expensive high chair that her daughter loves. Last I checked there weren’t a ton of entries (only 300-ish), so definitely worth signing up!
- Another great giveaway! Elle at Eat Run Sail is giving away a kitchen scale… so very useful! The giveaway ends on Sunday.
- 300 Pounds and Running is hosting a burpee challenge. 100 days! Start with 1 today and add one each day to build yourself up to 100. Read the details here.
- BONUS: Remember my post earlier this week about how many calories you eat? Brittany at Go the Xtra Mile wrote a similar post that is really interesting. Go check it out.
I am so excited for this new clothing line to launch: Vielet. I connected with the owner a few weeks ago and they have some super cool stuff coming out. The company is introducing its line at the end of the month. Everything is made with merino wool, which I’ve found is really great to run in (I know running in wool sounds crazy, but it’s true…
So awesome and so deserved. I feel like Meb is often overlooked (i.e., not even being named a top contender at the Olympics) and he is so talented. I love that he finally is in the spotlight and being recognized for his talent and hard work.
What are your random thoughts for the day?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook