For years, I have trained myself to use Friday as a rest day. It’s just one of those things where Friday is a special day so why not make it even more special by sleeping in a bit? Now I usually have an easy run Friday mornings which is great too, just a little hard to convince my body to get out of bed. Although now that I did it, it feels so good… even though my legs were a little angry to be running so soon after yesterday’s tempo.
Besides I need a few extra miles because of this box of cookies sitting in our kitchen right now…
My mom sent them to us for Valentine’s Day and its her famous sugar cookie recipe that has been passed down through the family. Best. Cookies. Ever.
- Runner’s World’s Ravenous Runner blog posts some awesome recipes, and this one jumped right to the top of my list: Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps. How amazing do those sound?
- In honor of Valentine’s Day, Ragnar posted a sweet love story on its blog… you guessed it, they met at a Ragnar Relay. Such a touching story though! Read it.
- Erica Sara Designs (love her, she designed my bridesmaid jewelry) launched a new bracelet yesterday in honor of love. It is SO awesome, I am definitely adding it to my wishlist to buy soon.
- Alysia at Slim Sanity shared her recipe for pulled pork… not only does it look incredibly tasty, it’s also extremely easy to make. Two wins!
- February is Heart Health Awareness Month. Nicole at Apples and Arteries is hosting an awesome giveaway to celebrate it. Enter now because it ends this morning!
In case you were wondering how to walk on the ice, I came across this graphic of how to do it:
If only you could run like a penguin, then I wouldn’t have to worry about falling down all the time.
What are your random thoughts for today?