I cannot believe that tomorrow is my 28th birthday. The past decade has flown by and while birthdays aren’t as exciting as they used to be, they are still special.
Anyways, thought I’d share some advice from my 27 years on this planet. Enjoy! 🙂
- Pink never goes out of style.
- My husband has the best philosophy: It is what it is. [this has saved me many hours of worrying senselessly about things out of my control]
- Don’t be scared to try something new. You might fall in love with whatever it is, and if you don’t, you’ll have a great story to tell why you don’t.
- Always be nice (which is often forgotten in my lovely town of New York City). Opening the door, offering a seat on the subway or even waving a pedestrian across the street goes a long ways in someone else’s life.
- Everything happens for a reason. Even if you don’t know now why it happened, it will become evident as some point. And it will suddenly make so much sense.
- A handwritten letter, whether for personal or professional reasons, goes a long way and means a lot more than a quick email. Same goes for a phone call.
- If you have no idea where you want your wedding, think about a destination wedding. They are awesome for about 7,536 reasons.
- The where isn’t as important as the who… the right people can make the worst places a blast.
- Sometimes you just need to turn the radio up and DANCE.
- Never buy anything at full price at Victoria’s Secret. It will be on sale at some point.
- There is a little crazy cat lady in all of us (even men). It just takes that right feline to bring it out in us.
- You can’t change the weather. So, just roll with it (even if it does mean running a marathon in April in 89* weather…).
- Family always comes first. After all, your job won’t keep your warm at night.
- Shoot for the stars because even if you don’t make it, you might just land on the moon.
- There’s always time for hugs.
- Find the beauty… even on the worst of days, there’s something positive to celebrate.
- There’s nothing wrong with staying in on a Saturday night. Or going to bed at 10 p.m.
- Like hugs, there’s never a bad time for frozen yogurt. Even if it is -10* outside.
- There’s nothing wrong with being a cynic and asking questions. After all, there is no such thing as a dumb question and it will save you, both time and money.
- If it’s too good to be true, it probably is. That’s when the latter becomes so important.
- You’re never too old for stuffed animals.
- There are days where there’s nothing you can do but cry. Don’t fight it; instead, grab your favorite comfort food and romantic comedy and let the tears flow.
- It’s so easy to focus at the negative and let it cloud your perspective. Instead, look for the good in the situation… sometimes it’s nearly impossible to find, but it’s there.
- Making a purchase over $50? Sleep on it. If you still want it the next morning, it’s a good investment.
- Football is more dramatic than a soap opera… which is what makes the offseason so interesting. Just trust me.
- Running without music is the best way to go. Why? It gives you a moment truly to yourself, some time to reflect and enjoy the natural beauty that surrounds you. It may be the only time of the day that you have this opportunity.
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook