Today is one of those days that requires random thoughts. So… here you go:
1. I woke up this morning feeling more sore than I expected (Tasha called it) from yesterday’s Soldier of Steel workout. I planned today to be a rest day, and I’m so glad I did. This makes me want to put this into my workouts every day. I feel like it’s what I need to get to that 3:30 marathon.
2. Speaking of that, I really wish I could have another four… five… or even 10 hours to the day. If only we didn’t have to sleep. The one thing that drives me nuts about NYC is the fact that there is no work/life balance. It’s just work…work…work.
The whole working 10-12 hours a day as normal drives me batty.
3. This week, the American Medical Association declared that obesity is a disease. I am not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, I understand that it is a medical condition that is causing serious health issues. But, isn’t the best way to battle this to cut down on the McDonald’s? I understand that some people genetically struggle with weight… but seriously, the best cure is eating healthy and working out. Now our country has to bear the burden of medical costs because it will be recognized as a disease?
4. Have you seen this random video — “Dumb Ways to Die“? It will make you laugh (and you’ll get the song stuck in your head, ha).
5. I am about to book an extended Labor Day weekend adventure to Seattle to see my BFF. We are already planning our runs. It’s never too early to start thinking about running.
Random thoughts for today?
What do you think about obesity as a “disease”?
Any funny/interesting videos you love right now? Share!
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook