Yesterday one of my friends shared this on Facebook and I couldn’t resist reading the whole entire thing:
It was so funny. Warning: If you don’t like The Oatmeals’ sense of humor (a little raunchy), you may not like this. But it’s entertaining nonetheless.
So it got me thinking about the terrible and wonderful reasons why I run.
- I can’t wear sandals without being preoccupied by the ugliness of my feet. Even though I have never loss a toenail (ugh, it makes me a little sad, honestly!), there is still some grossness there that shouldn’t be seen by anyone.
- Mostly I love getting up early to go run… but sometimes on Saturday… you just want to sleep a little bit past 6:01 a.m.
- Being hangry 87% about the time. I don’t know about you, but when I’m marathon training all I need is FOOD. I turn into a bit of a whiny baby if I don’t get to eat every four hours. My stomach makes me do it!
- T-Rex syndrome. OK, maybe this is mostly my fault vs. running’s, but man… can I get some arm strength up in here!?
- Plain and simple: the runner’s high. Yesterday I was in the BEST mood all day. It was a Monday with a bunch of HS-like drama at work (so fun) but yet I couldn’t get rid of that HAPPY feeling. Thank you 8 mile run before work.
- That sense of accomplishment. On the flipside of waking up at 6 a.m. to run, there is nothing like looking at the clock and realizing it is only 8 a.m. since you have already ran more miles than you travel to get to work, done an ab workout and drank 30 ounces of water.
- Friendsies! I have made so many friends through running. In fact, I’m pretty sure my college roommate and I are BFFs because we are so in love with running and marathons… it helped us bond as random roommates, which led to us living together for three years and her being my maid of honor in my wedding. Thanks running.
- The calorie burning. Seriously. I try to eat healthy most of the time… but sometimes you just need some Swedish Fish or a Mountain Dew. I love that running makes it so when I do splurge, I am not feeling super miserable for doing so.
- All the really awesome and fun adventures that running takes you on! We have visited so many cool places because I’ve found a random race there that I just had to run. And, in your own city… you see so much cool stuff! It’s fun to experience it in a different way than through the eyes of sitting in a car or riding a train.
Oof. I don’t even want to know what it looks like with the heat index!
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook