As you may know, I absolutely love getting fun mail. Which can be even as lame as an Oriental Trading magazine.
So when I received this in the mail a few weeks ago, I was stoked:
If you haven’t heard about it, Kona Kase is a monthly subscription service (like Julep, which I am SO addicted to!). Each month, they send you the latest nutritional products and goodies for endurance runners.
- $15 month
- Free shipping
- Ability to cancel at any time
- Discounts for buying multiple months
I opened my box and loved seeing the variety of goodies.
It included a wide variety, from snacks to gels:
- Gu Brew/Recovery Brew: I have tried Gu Brew, but have not tried the recovery drink. I’m interested in seeing what it is all about! I do like the Gu Brew. It reminds me of Nuun, where it’s a drop into your water and go situation… and it has a good flavor (not as strong as Gatorade, which I find is overwhelming).
- Gu Roctane: My friend Dayna is obsessed with Roctane. I haven’t tried it yet, but would love to based on what she says about it!
- Gu Chomps: These are my FAVORITE! I have found that eating beans, chomps, waffles, etc. are great during long runs and marathons. I think it helps it feel like you are taking fuel in which is awesome mentally.
- KIND Fruit & Nut Bar: I tried these a few months ago for the first time and they are so delicious. Happy to have another one to hide in the back of my fridge (best place to store granola bars, helps them stay fresh!)!
- LUNA Bar: These are my second favorite type of granola bars. In fact, before I knew about KIND, they were my go to treats! I still love them and they are usually what I pack to snack on during the expo. Blueberry is a great flavor.
- Pop Corners: I am so pumped to try these! I have seen them in the bodegas around here but haven’t splurged to try them. Now I have no reason not to! I love that they are a healthier alternative to potato chips. Sometimes you just need that crunchy snack in the middle of the day.
I love the wide selection of treats that I got in the mail. And, I love the whole idea behind Kona Kase. For me, it’s hard to break outside of my comfort zone and try new foods… especially if I have old favorites that I know I can rely on. So it’s cool that you are exposed to some of the new foods and flavors so you can sample them and find new foods to eat.
Interested in getting your first Kona Kase? Use the coupon code GIFTSUMMER for $5 off your first purchase.
Are you a Kona Kase subscriber? What’s the best thing you’ve received?
Do you subscribe to any other monthly boxes? Which ones?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook