Remember how at the beginning of the year, I had that lofty goal that I would create a new recipe a month? Yeah, I’ve been kind of slacking on that. To make up for it, I am going to come up with a lot of really awesome recipes for the second half of the year!
This one included: Apricot Chicken Sliders.
I love making these when the weather is really hot outside (aka the past three weeks) because you can do everything on the stovetop in one skillet. Cooking only takes about 10 minutes (depending on how long it takes you to make your chicken!), which is awesome because it doesn’t heat things up too much. Plus, this is a really fun dish because it is really versatile. You can eat it warm or you can stick it in the fridge until you are ready to eat. Even better!
Apricot Chicken Sliders
- 1/2 pound of chicken
- 3 tbsp. apricot jam
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar
- 1 tbsp. water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Dash of salt (optional)
- Put chicken in stovetop skillet. To keep the meat tender (and make it easier to shred), I add a touch of water so that it is boiled rather than grilled. Cook until no longer pink.
- Let the chicken rest for 3-5 minutes. Shredding is easy when you use two forks. Use one fork to hold the chicken on the cutting board; the other fork should be used to pull the chicken apart. If you go with the grain of the chicken, it’s easy to pull out pieces.
- Combine shredded chicken with apricot jam, white vinegar, water, garlic, pepper and salt and mix. Once it’s mixed, serve hot on top of buns (you can serve as normal sandwiches as well) or cool for one hour eat when ready.
- Serve with your favorite cold pasta salad or fresh vegetables for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook