Yesterday I officially registered my name for the Boston Marathon…
I registered with the 3:34.02 I got at this year’s Boston Marathon… 58 seconds under my qualifying time. There is speculation that not all time qualifiers will be allowed entry this year due to space (a LOT of people want to run given what happened at this year’s race). I am addicted to this thread in the Runner’s World forums, where people crush my dreams by saying the cut off will be around three minutes. But then other people are sure that Boston will let everyone in. Ahh!
And the latest word is that there will be no confirmations sent out until next week…
I may decide to curl up under my covers and just stay there until then.
Anyways, I decided that I am officially declaring it fall. Today was chilly enough to break out the long sleeves!
YES. I love running in long sleeve shirts. For some reason, I can run in shorts until it gets into the 40s… but my t-rex arms wimp out and need some extra heat.
So YAY for fall. A few of the things I love about this season:
- Awesome running weather. My body is addicted to running this time of year! I love that “unexpected” weather days means it will be cooler than usual.
- Sweatpants. Hoodies. Need I say more?
- Burning candles… I feel like in the summer it’s just too hot to have another source of heat.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks.
- Candy corn (although I’m on a candy corn diet until I get a sub-3:30).
- Pretty pretty leaves.
- Pumpkin beer!
- Fresh apples and apple picking.
- Football. Football. Football.
- Layers including lots of blankets.
Who else is waiting for the official word from Boston? How are you staying sane? I need your tips!
What are your favorite things about fall?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook