All this week I have been silently cursing myself for signing up to run the NYC marathon two days before we make a cross-country move. I mean, really, who does that? Although in my defense, this race has been two years in the making and we also moved up our move date by a week. So technically, the marathon should come first over moving (I’m sure C would love to hear that.).
With everything going on, I haven’t had a lot of time to
get nervous focus on the marathon. I haven’t even checked the weather once! I don’t have my gels for race day yet either (oops).
But this morning I woke up and I am starting to get super excited! It is the NYC Marathon after all and I feel so lucky to be one of the 45,000 that will hit the streets of the city tomorrow.
How I’m preparing today:
1. I slept a lot and told C he could not wake me up no matter what happened. I think I got about 11 hours of sleep last night!
2. Big breakfast! We have slim pickings when it comes to food (basically you can either have chicken… or chicken… when it comes to dinner). I made bagel sandwiches with bacon and eggs. We ran out of cheese so it just wasn’t the same!
3. Lots of water. I typically try to drink 64 ounces of water a day. It will be no different today… and I may drink a little extra. Even though it’s not going to be super hot, it’s important to be hydrated.
4. A visit to the expo. This is the ultimate pump up for the marathon, no doubt. Just the energy of the expo is enough to get anyone pumped up for 26.2 miles! Behind Boston, I think that the NYC Marathon has the best selection of other clothing to purchase to commemorate your run.
It’s not a marathon unless you have Chipotle. Just sayin’.
6. Packing and cleaning. Hahah. Good joke.
(although I’m sure some of this will sneak in)
7. Being lazy. Sorry C, today is all about being lazy and visualizing what tomorrow will bring.
How do you get ready for a marathon?
What’s your favorite pre-race dinner?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook