Confession: because of how awesome guacamole tastes, I always thought it was super complicated and hard to make. Avocados scared me. But once I watched some servers make tableside guacamole, it was a different story.
Awesome taste does not equal complicated preparation. And, good thing. I’ve found that guacamole is a secret ingredient to good runs and speedy races.
The most important thing is to make sure you have fresh ingredients. I start by first chopping up my tomato and red onion, while preparing the avocado.
I think that using a fork to mash the avocado is the easiest way to get it into the consistency that you need.
And after that, all that is left to do is to add the ingredients together… and get ready to mix!
- 1 ripe medium avocado
- 1/4 plum tomato, diced
- 2 tbsp red onion, diced
- 1 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Lime juice
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Using a large knife, cut the avocado into fourths.
- Gently pull the meat away from the pit in the center and peel away the outer skin.
- Place meat in a bowl and use a fork to mash.
- Add diced tomato, diced red onion, fresh cilantro and lime juice. Mix thoroughly.
- Once mixed, add freshly ground salt and pepper to taste. Mix together.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
Do you like avocado? Any other recipe ideas?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook