The other night, we had subs for dinner. I bought a huge loaf of French bread and we had a chunk leftover…
What to do? Create a new breakfast sandwiches recipe!
This recipe was super easy and for those (like C) who don’t like soggy bread, you can bake the bread for a bit longer when you melt the butter to make it crisp. The best part was that it kept us full for hours! The runner in me loves meals like that.
- French bread
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 slices of turkey bacon
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- 2 slices of cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. While it is warming up, cook your turkey bacon as directed.
- Cut the French bread down the middle, long ways. Top the French bread with butter and place on top of foil. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until it reaches desired level of crispiness.
- Once cooked, cool turkey bacon on paper towel.
- Whisk eggs, milk and Lawry's Seasoned Salt and prepare as scrambled eggs in skillet.
- Take French bread slices out of oven, top with scrambled eggs, bacon and cheese. Put oven on broil and place back in oven until cheese melted, about five minutes.
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook