The following post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of Mizuno.
If you’ve read my blog for awhile, you know that I struggle with finding the right shoes. Long story cut short:
- I ran in Nike Air Pegasus since 2006. Suddenly, Nike decided to change the cushioning in the shoe, causing my awful IT band issues.
- I switched to a pair of Asics. The updated model released by Asics suddenly had half the amount of cushioning… next.
- I found the Brooks Glycerin, which I have been running in… happily (for now… yes I’m cynical about this relationship).
- I am always on the search for a shoe that gives me the cushioning I need… you can never have too many standbys when it comes to running shoes.
That being said, I am quite cautious when it comes to trying out new shoes. But when I had the opportunity (thank you FitFluential!) to try and review the new Mizuno Wave Rider 17, I was really excited. First of all, look at the shoe profile from the 16s:
As a heel runner, this is right up my alley. I’ve had the opportunity to run in these a few times, and there are three things that standout about the Mizuno Wave Rider 17:
1. The tongue.
This may sound absurd, but the tongue is very cushioned… as soon as you put on the shoes, you can tell. This is a big deal to me because when you are running long distances, not having a thick enough tongue can cause the shoelaces to rub and cause pain on your skin. So not fun. It also helps to keep your foot in place.
2. The cushioning. I like these shoes because they have a lot of cushioning. Cushioning is good. This model also features a wave pattern on the soles that is similar to wood block printing:
This pattern gives the shoe good flexibility, which is important when you are running. I really like that Mizuno has stayed committed to bringing a shoe like this to the market when so many other brands are focused on minimalist shoes. Those are good for some people, but not for all. The Wave Riders fill this void.
3. The colors.
Hey, colors are a big deal! At least to me. This is honestly one of the things that I look at when I get a shoe… nobody wants something that is boring and blah. I absolutely love the color choices for this model of shoe. They are FUN! That’s so important because it gives a little extra motivation in the AM when you have to roll out of bed to run. If you look good, you feel good!
These shoes will officially be released tomorrow (check out Mizuno Running’s Facebook page for the latest updates!). If you are looking for a new shoe that offers fit, cushion and fashion wrapped into one, definitely check these out!
Who loves running in Mizunos?
How important do you think color is when choosing your workout gear?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook