When I was little, I used to hate potatoes. My dad would always make potato soup and I would beg and plead him to not make me eat it for dinner. Maybe it worked, because I kinda like potatoes now. Usually with a bunch of cheese and ketchup, but that still counts, right?
One of my favorite recipes has become the breakfast potato dish. It only requires a handful of ingredients and the toughest part is giving the potatoes enough time to cook.
Once that part is done, easy peasy. Enjoy 🙂
- 3 medium potatoes
- 3 large eggs
- 3 slices low-fat turkey bacon
- 3 tbsp 2% reduced fat milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Ground pepper to taste
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1" cubes. Meanwhile, cook the turkey bacon in the pan. Remove from heat.
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan and place the cut potatoes into the pan and season with fresh ground pepper.
- Cook the potatoes until soft (about 30 minutes). While the potatoes are cooking, cut the turkey bacon into small pieces. Beat eggs with milk and seasoning of choice.
- Mix turkey bacon into cooked potatoes. Once mixed, add in eggs and cook through.
- Plate potato dish and top with shredded cheese.
- Add your favorite or leftover vegetables to this dish. It is tasty with tomatoes, green, red or yellow peppers, or even red onion. Get creative!
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook