Welcome to another edition of Faces of Fitness!
This week I am so excited to introduce you to Phaedra from Blisters and Black Toenails! She is a self-proclaimed racing junkie… and has the best blog name ever, am I right!? She is amazing and really inspiring… I hope you enjoy her story and advice!
Where to Find Blisters and Black Toenails
1. How did you get starting running and participating in triathlons?
I started running over 15 years ago as a means to lose weight and deal with a break up. I started doing triathlons after watching my husband complete his first Ironman. That was one of the most amazing things to watch.
2. What advice do you have for someone who wants to start exercising this year?
Start slowly and BE PATIENT. Results don’t happen over night. Consistency is key to seeing results / improvement. Most importantly, stay positive and focused.
3. What has exercise taught you about yourself?
That I’m a lot stronger physically and mentally than I give myself credit for. The human body really is an amazing thing.
4. What was the biggest challenge that you needed to get over in order to live a healthy lifestyle?
That what I put into my body had a direct effect on the effort I could get out of my body. Eat like crap = perform like crap.
5. What is your number one tip for people to stay motivated to reach their health/fitness goals?
Be patient, don’t compare yourself to others and most importantly BE KIND to yourself. Nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes, overindulge whatever. Don’t dwell on them, get up, dust yourself off and keep moving forward.
Any questions for Phaedra?
Do you find that it’s hard to be patient when eating healthy/exercising?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook