One of my mini-goals for this month is to drink more water. I used to be REALLY good at drinking water. You know, when I sat at a desk for 10 hours a day and timed myself for when I had to refill my water bottle by. Since then, I’ve kinda faltered a little bit. I am usually in several different places throughout the day and often forget to bring it with me, so even if I am thirsty, I don’t end up drinking it.
And then there’s that little Mountain Dew habit. We won’t talk about that 🙂
Anyways, here are 8 reasons why you should join me in my quest to drink more water.
1. Keep muscles happy. Muscles thrive on water — after all, that is what they use for energy. Make sure you are getting enough water while you are working out so you can push that workout a little harder.
2. Keep your BODY happy. Your body is made up of 60 percent fluids! It needs water to thrive and work at its best. If you don’t put fuel in the tank, it can’t operate. Food is important, but water is even more important.
3. Control your calorie intake. I have a habit of eating when I’m bored or thinking I’m hungry when I might just be thirsty. Instead of grabbing food, grab water and see if that takes care of it. Plus! When you are drinking water, you aren’t drinking other high-calorie drinks. Like Mountain Dew. 🙂
4. Prevent that sleepy feeling. Ever feel really tired? And not really know why? You may be dehydrated. Grab a glass of (cold) water and feel yourself re-energize.
5. Keep pain away. Making sure your body has enough water during and after a tough workout is important. Just like it can help keep your muscles happy, it can help to keep pain and soreness away as well.
6. Prevent headaches. One of the side effects of being dehydrated is headaches. I don’t know about you, but I think headaches are the most annoying thing in the world. Drinking water can often cure them quicker than taking some medication.
7. Make your skin pretty. Water helps to clean toxins out of your body. These toxins can be the cause of clogged pores and dreaded pimples. By drinking water, you can flush these out and keep your skin looking healthy.
8. Improve your focus and productivity. Having a glass of cold water next to you while you are working or studying can help you stay focused and keep your energy levels up. Think of water as fuel for your body.
How much water do you drink a day? Do you add flavoring or drink it plain?
Anyone else prefer to drink lukewarm water? Weird right? But I don’t really like super cold water.
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook