Yesterday marked my last day of the 30-day Real Time Challenge with Bodyrock.tv! When my friend asked me to do this challenge with her, I was a little nervous because I had never done anything like this before and wasn’t sure if I could do it. Some of the workouts were really long, like 1 hr and 20 min long, which was tough. But I powered through and SO happy I did!
I can tell that I’m stronger and at this point, really wishing I would have taken some measurements just to see the changes. Because we know the scale is angry about all this extra muscle. 😉
Anyways, it was an awesome learning experience in putting your mind to something and DOING it. Some of the things I learned:
- There are always going to be those days that the idea of working out is just UGH. Not in the mood, short on time, whatever, it can make the perfect excuse to skip it. But then you get that nasty feeling of regret, which I think often feels worse. On those days, I learned just to hit that play button and GO. After 15 minutes or so, I never regretted that I started the work out.
- One day at a time. Looking at it from a view of “oh my gosh I have XX days to go” can be overwhelming, even if you are near the end. Instead, just focus on the day in front of you.
- Schedule it into your day. I treated this workout like any other appointment or meeting during my day. I scheduled it in — that way, I had no excuse of not having time. There were other things I had to sacrifice, but that happens with anything.
- Think it’s too hard? Try it first. There were so many exercises that we tried (my top 5 coming Friday!) that when I saw her first do them, I thought she was nuts and there was no way I could pull them off. You’d be surprised at what you can do! At least try it and then make a judgement whether you can do it or not.
- Find someone to do it with you or challenge you. It was so awesome to do this challenge with my friend because we were able to talk about our struggles. Plus, knowing that someone will be asking you “did you do the workout?” makes you want to do it that much more.
- Take your measurements before you start! I am kicking myself for NOT doing this. I really want
I am tackling another challenge with Bodyrock, kicking off on March 24. If you want to join me, check it out here! I love that you get such an awesome workout AND that it’s all free. I don’t have all of the equipment that they list, but get by with a skipping rope and a kettlebell and modifying my living room furniture… 🙂
What’s your most recent fitness accomplishment?
Any other tips for finishing a challenge like this?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook