Thank you to Kellen for nominating me for the Liebster Award!
As part of the rules, you must nominate 11 bloggers and give them 11 questions, while answering the 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
So, my 11 nominations:
- Anna the Apple
- Apples and Arteries
- Corrie Anne
- Glitter and Dust
- Helly on the Run
- Jessie Loves 2 Run
- Kara Runs
- Life After Swimming
- Loving on the Run
- The Skinny-Life
- Slim Sanity
And my 11 questions:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite way to get your sweat on?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What has been your favorite moment of 2014 so far and why?
- What’s your favorite TV show of all time?
- Where do you find your inspiration?
- Do you consider yourself Type A or Type B?
- What’s your favorite season?
- How do you find time to fit it all in?
- Where’s your favorite place to find new recipes?
- Where is your dream vacation spot?
Lastly, my answers to Kellen’s questions!
1. How did you choose your blog name?
This is actually my second running blog! I started a blog back in 2009 about running, technology and media (weird combo, right?). When we moved to NYC, I let it go… and after hearing so many people call me crazy because of how much I loved to run (you’re running another marathon? you’re crazy!), I decided the name fit — and since I missed blogging, it made sense!
2. What’s your favorite thing to write about?
I love writing about a variety of topics, but my favorite is sharing things that I’ve learned throughout the years. Running is the best when you aren’t dealing with an injury or nutrition issues. So, if there’s a way I can help someone from not having that happen to them, I want to do it!
3. What’s your favorite food and why?
Today is day 6 on the no-sugar challenge. So my brain wants me to say SUGAR.
But seriously, it’s hard to pick just one! I love eating fruit — apples, grapes, watermelon are among my favorites. I also love chickpeas — you can do so much with them. And cheese. Oh, cheese is just so good.
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world tomorrow, where would you go?
I would love to go to Thailand, Cambodia or Vietnam. As long as I can make a stop in Australia and Tokyo while I’m over there…
5. What is your favorite quote?
This quote from John Lennon is hands down my favorite!
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
6. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging as a way to connect with other runners and to share my experiences along the way. I have made SO many friends through blogging, it’s absolutely incredible! There are moments where I wonder how long I will continue to do it for (is it a lifetime thing? not sure), but so thankful I have had the opportunity to do it because of all the great people I’ve met and all the things I’ve learned.
7. What’s your favorite workout routine?
Hands down, no questions, running! I have learned over the past few months that you can’t just be a runner. You need to do other exercises to strengthen your muscles that help make you a better runner. But running offers a way for me to clear my mind and de-stress, which keeps me calm and happy throughout the day… both important qualities.
8. What TV show are you obsessed with right now?
I am absolutely obsessed with Parenthood. We are a few episodes behind right now (no spoilers please!), but the drama on that show is just unbelievable. I love how they make it feel so real. I also love Chicago Fire and Grey’s Anatomy is starting to get good again too!
9. If you could have a super power, what would it be?
I had to leave this question for last. I really don’t know what it would be! I would have to say the power to fly. That way, I could quickly fly home to have dinner with my family in Wisconsin on random nights, or head to my dream destinations without having to spend all the costly money on flights. There would be a lot more destination races on the calendar (ah-AVENGERS RACE-em).
10. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
My husband has the best philosophy: it is what it is. I tend to be a worrier and get worked up about things, but remembering that things won’t change with all the worrying in the world makes all the difference. Don’t get me wrong, I still have my moments where I worry about really stupid things, but I have definitely learn how to spend my emotional energy in better ways.
11. Are you going to pass on the torch and nominate 11 fellow bloggers?
YES! See above. 🙂 Thanks again for the opportunity, Kellen!
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook