After two exhilarating weekends of racing, it is so sad to see my empty race calendar.
As of right now, I don’t have any races until the fall…
…that needs to change.
So, what’s next? There are a few races that I’m eyeing up:
- Chuy’s Hot to Trot 5k (May 3): For some reason, I can’t access this website but it sounds like a cool race because a) Chuy’s has an amazing chips and salsa bar and b) really good margaritas. Plus, it benefits a good cause.
- Congress Avenue Mile (May 17): I love running one-mile races. They make you feel super speedy!
- Reveille Peak Ranch (June 1): Organized by Rogue Running (kinda a big deal in Austin), this race looks incredible. I mean, check out these views:
It’s available in either a 10k or a 30k distance… I know I have a goal to get a PR in a 10k, but not sure how I feel about going for it on a trail. The 30k would mean more time to enjoy the beautiful views… 😉
- Packers 5k (July): I think we need to recreate the amazingness that was last year’s Packers 5k race.
They haven’t released details yet this year, but I hope it falls on the weekend that we’ll be back in Wisconsin for vacation. I may have to get a little bit more serious about training for this race, though, because I have a feeling my nephew may be getting fast.
- Shiner Beer Run Half Marathon & 5k (November): Even though this race isn’t until November, I need to register in the next few weeks for this race. Shiner is a staple in Texas and if you live here and haven’t had this beer, they may revoke your Texas citizenship. 😉 Just kidding.
(not really)I’ve heard great things about this race and it sounds super fun. It’s a commitment, though, because you’d definitely have to stay Friday night.
- MetroPCS Dallas Marathon (December): I want to tour Texas the best way — through marathons in cities nearby. This race tops my list! I am wondering if it will be tough to get into, given that it was canceled last year?
Texas runners — have you run any of these races?
How many races do you have on your calendar? What’s your next race?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook