Remember how earlier this year I was complaining about how lame 2014 was? Granted, it got off to a pretty slow start but I must say that it has turned out to be pretty awesome with April taking the cake:
- Finding my love for running on the treadmill
- 2014 Statesman Capitol 10,000 Race Recap
- Being motivated by Jillian Michaels in person (Cliff Notes: she’s amazing)
- Trying out a Graze Box for the first time
- Running ZOOMA Texas, including meeting all the other ambassadors and getting my butt kicked on the hills
- Going to Moto GP in Austin
- Watching MEB WIN THE BOSTON MARATHON!
- Sharing some tips for running in the heat
- Featuring some great Faces of Fitness: Jamie Walker, Bodyrock.tv, Healthy Recipe Resources and 2014 Boston Marathon Finishers
With that, an update on goals this month:
1. PR in every distance
2. Strengthen and stretch
- Also reading this article in the NY Times about foam rolling made me realize how important it is to do foam rolling on a regular basis… even if it’s for less than minute!
3. Read one book a month
- January: Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
- February: 32 Candles
- March: I started reading one of the books I bought in Australia!
- April: …I didn’t finish reading that book…
- …but I did read three others! All three were for my job, but were SO interesting. Hamster Revolution (how to transform email so it doesn’t take up all your time), the Oz Principle (about accountability, which can truly apply to any area of life and not just work… loved this book and it truly changed my perspective) and Revenue Disruption (focused solely on marketing/sales teams, learned a lot!)
4. Continue to embrace my craftiness
- Finished two scarves for the Marathon Scarf project
- Continuing to work on a few other projects (slowly in progress…)
5. Get in a better financial state
How did April treat you? Favorite moments? Least favorite moments?
Did you accomplish any major goals?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook