July flew by faster than you can blink, does anyone agree? I feel like it was just the 4th of July and now it’s already almost the end of the summer. OK, a little dramatic there.
People warned me about running in Austin during this time of year and that it was going to be horrible. But you know what? It hasn’t been bad. Granted I do early morning runs so I don’t feel the heat like the
crazies people that run at 5 p.m. Still better than running in Jacksonville.
Anyways, this month was filled with travel and… the start of NYC marathon training! Some other highlights:
- Kathryn from Chicks Dig Running shared the rules of hydration
- Shared more information on you can register for RUN 10 FEED 10 (join me!)
- Carson from Running Southern shared a post on tips for beating the summer heat while running
- Went on vacation to WI and ran a 5k with my nephew
- Some tips for how to recover from belly bloating from running
- Tried out some new make up… and liked it!
- Shared my marathon training essentials… seriously can’t make it through training without these awesome items
- Ran while on vacation in Dallas and fell in love with the White Rock Creek Trail
- Shared some tips for recovering from a sprained ankle
Oh, and you know how I was struggling with my book goals?! I read TWO this month. They were both REALLY good so I recommend both. Yep! Now let’s hope I can make some progress in August.
The House at Midnight by Lucie Whitehouse
Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain
And a complete update on my goals:
1. PR in every distance
- Does it count that I helped my nephew PR in our 5k together?!
2. Strengthen and stretch
- Um. Let’s not talk about this. #slacker
3. Read one book a month
- January: Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
- February: 32 Candles
- March: I started reading one of the books I bought in Australia!
- April: Hamster Revolution | Oz Principle | Revenue Disruption
- May: Slacker central.
- June: The Gentleman’s Garden by Catherine Jinks
- July: The House at Midnight by Lucie Whitehouse | Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain
4. Continue to embrace my craftiness
- I FINALLY started the crochet-a-long that I committed to at the beginning of the year. Only behind by six months… but at least I started it.
5. Get in a better financial state
- No progress here, but still super excited that we PAID OFF A CREDIT CARD last month!!
What was your favorite thing about July?
Did you accomplish any fun goals? Read any good books?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook