Woo! Happy December and happy holiday season! I mentioned last week how excited I get for the holiday season.
So funny, because I remember when I was younger, I was only excited by how many days I would get a present to open. And now that’s the last thing on my mind! I love all the traditions and different fun things that come with the holiday season, like decorating and getting a Christmas tree.
Anyways! November was a great month in itself, I feel like *duh* the biggest moment was the NYC Marathon, and although my marathon time wasn’t what I was hoping, it was still a great race and I felt SO strong. Let’s hope that continues with my race in Dallas in under two weeks (eek!).
Some highlights from November:
- Setting my goals for NYC Marathon
- Hitting some of them… but not all… and summarizing in part 1 / part 2 / part 3
- Sharing tips to survive the holiday snacking season
- Trying out a new favorite winter weather runner gear item from Brooks
- Serving as an ambassador for the 2015 ZOOMA Texas Women’s Half Marathon (use my coupon code LORA15 to save $$$!)
- Sharing the best holiday cookie recipes
- Celebrating Hug a Runner Day!
- My holiday gift guide: best gifts for runners
- Hug a Runner Day Virtual Race Recap
And an update on my goals overall for the year (OK, I definitely learned that I aimed a little too high with these goals this year… so next year… a little more achievable… :)).
1. PR in every distance
- Considering I haven’t even run a race in every distance this year, this one is kinda hard to do. I am still hunting for a good 5k or 10k for after Dallas Marathon on December 14 (prefer weekend after). Any ideas?
2. Strengthen and stretch
- I have become the biggest slacker on this front, but promised myself that this would change in the next few weeks. I need to focus on my hips, abs and everything in between. You know, all the stuff except for running.
3. Read one book a month
- January: Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
- February: 32 Candles
- March: I started reading one of the books I bought in Australia!
- April: Hamster Revolution | Oz Principle | Revenue Disruption
- May: Slacker central.
- June: The Gentleman’s Garden by Catherine Jinks
- July: The House at Midnight by Lucie Whitehouse | Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain
- August: Make Success Mandatory by Jeremy Scott
- September: Nada 🙁
- October: Nada 🙁
- November: Nada 🙁
The reason for the big nadas? I’ve been focused on reading the first book in Game of Thrones… and unfortunately, have just made it to around page 200. My goal is to finish it before the end of the year… can I do it? 🙂
4. Continue to embrace my craftiness
- The crochet-a-long has been off my radar, BUT I have this month to catch up, right?
- I made this really cute snowflake to make up for it.
5. Get in a better financial state
- I am focused on paying off my debt. It’s a work in progress… 🙂
What was your favorite moment in November? What do you love about the holiday season?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook