Hello hello! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and a great weekend! I can’t believe that Christmas has already come and gone; isn’t it crazy how fast it goes every single year?
We were back in Wisconsin with my family this year and we had a great time spending time with family, both opening gifts on Christmas morning and spending a day tubing (not the river one you Texans are thinking of!).
We almost made it back without any flight delays (gasp, I know!), but last night, our flight attendants showed up late for our flight (I know, big slackers, right? Ha, they were actually running from a flight that landed late so we couldn’t get too mad!) but a 30-minute delay is nothing compared to what I’ve experienced in past years.
So, back to the swing of things! Luckily, I have the rest of the week off so I can play with all of my new Christmas gifts, including…
Yes! A FitBit Charge. I have been wearing it for just about a week now and LOVE it. I have learned a ton, but more on that later! I saw a fun post on Kara’s blog and wanted to join in… my year in running!
(oh, and P.S., more on resolutions/goals for 2015 tomorrow, but if you DO have a fitness one… check out my Facebook giveaway!!)
- Best race experience? Running the Stampede 5k with my nephew when we were back in Wisconsin this summer! It was only his second 5k ever (we ran his first together, too) and he did a phenomenal job… getting second in his age group! I loved seeing his big smile when he found out that he placed and it was fun to run with him throughout the race (and see how determined he was to not walk, even though I could tell he had the worst side ache ever!). Even when we were home at Christmas, he was telling me he wants to run another race together. I can’t wait until when we do (and hopefully I can keep up!).
- Best run? My favorite run from the year was when I ran 20 miles when we were in Minnesota for my friends’ wedding in October. I hit the trails along the river, which is where I used to run when I lived there oh so many years ago. Anyways, the weather was perfect, it was a beautiful morning (fog lifting up off the river with the fall leaves all around) and just a perfect run. I got to follow it up with my favorite post-run meal: burger and beer.
- Best new piece of gear? I had the opportunity to try a lot of new gear this year but among my favorites was the BottleBand, which allows you to turn any water bottle into a handheld. It makes it so easy, especially when you are traveling!
- Best piece of running advice you received? Listen to your body. I think I finally learned to listen to this and as a result, saw what it can do when you have an injury! Plus, my hamstring injury from the beginning of the year was killer and took me out of the running game for so long that I vowed to never do it again.
- Most inspirational runner? Meb. Hands down… his Boston Marathon win this year was the most inspirational moment. He is such an amazing person and I love how he’s inspired so many, including me!
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would it be? Humbling.
Some of my favorite running pictures from the year:
How was your holiday? What was your favorite moment?
How was your “year in running”?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook