Today I’m joining up with Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC for Friday Five! Today is all about the 4th of July. So, here are five things that I’m looking forward to this weekend:
1. My long run! I am running 17 miles today, which is what I was supposed to run last week on vacation but ended up skipping (I mean, I really didn’t want to become a number in this list). I must admit, I am a little bit nervous about this run because I do feel like I lost some fitness while on vacation, but I think it’ll be OK. And a big confidence booster!
2. A trip to Houston! I am headed to Houston for the weekend. Lots of fun stuff on the agenda, including…
3. …a 4th of July 5k! I’m running my first 4th of July race on the actual holiday (I did run this one last year with my nephew). I hope we get a sweet patriotic tee!
4. More relaxing. As if I didn’t do enough of this over the past two weeks while on vacation! But you can never have too much downtime, right? Maybe I’ll actually make some headway on my summer reading list too…
5. Grilling out! One of my favorite things of summer is grilling out. I SO missed doing this when we lived in NYC, so it’s nice that we can finally do it again. Woo woo!
What are you looking forward to this weekend? Anyone else running a 4th of July race?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook