Well, I can’t believe that we are already saying hello to February!
Isn’t this quote the truth!? Somehow time just keeps going faster and faster, and I need to find a way for it to slow down. I still think that being a vampire may be the only way to do it.
A few years ago, I used to do monthly mini-recaps of my goals and such, and I want to bring it back this year! This month has been busy —> kicked off the New Year with a trip to Duluth, spent almost a week in Michigan for work and ended the month with a fantastic trip to Colorado.
In between, I managed to rack up a LOT of miles (158+ to be exact!) in my first full month of training for this year’s Boston Marathon.
I started volunteering with the Minnesota Companion Rabbit Society.
I celebrated one year of kicking my soda addiction with a new Hydroflask (love these!).
I fell back in love with Minneapolis.
Update on my goals
- Set a PR in the 5k and the half marathon: Well, I currently don’t have either of these distances on the brain but I’m hoping that my marathon training (and more strength training!) will help me get here.
- Try something new every single month: Nailed it! Volunteering with the bunnies, and I think you can count skiing through the trees in Colorado too!
- Read one book a month: Nailed it! I read THREE books in January (book review for the third coming next week!), including Brady vs. Manning and Swimming Lessons.
- Strength train at least two times per week: I would give this a solid C. I kinda lost my momentum with this from traveling for work and to Colorado, but I’m getting back to it. I’m not going to let this slide because I know it’s what I need to do to get faster.
- Get my age of money up to 45 days: In case you missed it, I wrote a post last year about You Need a Budget (YNAB) and my experience with it. I’m still using it and one of the measurements of success if your age of money. My age of money at the beginning of the year was 13 days, and now I’m up to 15 days. Tiny tiny progress.
Your favorite posts
- 5 dream vacations for runners
- I need your thoughts: Fainting after running
- The bad shit.
- 5 things helped me quit drinking soda
- Let’s get real (#1)
What’s up in February
I have one race on the calendar for February —> a snowshoe running 5k! I am so excited to try this out (and hopefully not fall on my face). Oh hey, can this count for my 5k PR since snowshoe running is a different kind of running?! Hmmm…
Other than that, it’s a really quiet month… no flying on the calendar (unless something changes with work), which means lots of time just to catch up on sleep after marathon training (it’s SO exhausting… I forget every single time somehow!), hang out with friends and just chill out and enjoy life.
Plus, this means — no excuses on slacking on my goals for the month. 😉
How was your January? Any awesome highlights?
What are you looking forward to in February? Do you have any races on the calendar?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook