Have you heard about the whole “in like a lion, out like a lamb” for March? Apparently they don’t teach this down in Texas because whenever I used to say it, everyone thought that I was a nut job! Given the weather, I think that it’s in like a lamb —> which means we probably have some winter weather coming our way for the rest of the month. It has been too easy of a winter. 🙂
March is one of my favorite months… because, birthday! But since I’m talking about that later, let’s talk more about February. February was a pretty fun month —> I spent some more bunny volunteering (but sadly, our bunny passed away this weekend… sadface).
And headed back to Wisconsin for a weekend with family for some Pokemon hunting with the nephew.
I tried to run a snowshoe run, but Mother Nature had other ideas… so it was more of an ice run.
I finally ventured to St. Paul to check out some of the breweries with friends, which was a lot of fun!
This may be my most favorite picture from the month (he was sleeping):
And lastly, I CRUSHED my miles. I cannot even believe that I put that many miles on my legs this month — I think this might be my highest mileage in one month ever:
Update on my goals
- Set a PR in the 5k and the half marathon: Well, I currently don’t have either of these distances on the brain but I’m hoping that my marathon training (and more strength training!) will help me get here.
- Try something new every single month: Well, this kinda fell through after my Snowshoe Run turned into a trail run… but can it still count since it was the first time I did a trail run in the winter? There were a lot of mini new things that I tried, but I don’t think notable enough to count for this.
- Read one book a month: Umm, so how about the fact that I read THREE books in January, but didn’t read any in February? I am actually in the process of reading two books — both about halfway done — so I’ll make up for it in March.
- Strength train at least two times per week: I would say I’m still at a C (which was what I rated myself in January). I hit it a few times, but not every week, and I seriously need to do more of this in order to get that PR in Boston.
- January = C
- February = C
- Get my age of money up to 45 days: (here’s my first post about You Need a Budget (YNAB)). I made some AMAZING progress on my age of money this month! I am actually really close to this goal… but that will change after I spend what I’ve saved for Boston in April. 🙂
- January = 15 days
- February = 34 days
Your favorite posts
- Calories burned running: The reality
- An awesome adventure
- Some things I’m LOVING right now
- Winter fitness rants
- Running in Minnesota vs. Texas
What’s up in March
Like I said, March is my birthday month so hey girl hey, it’s going to get crazy.
Not really, but we can pretend.
Actually, I am headed to Denver next week for a weekend of breweries, skiing and ice fishing in Steamboat, with some hiking/remote work/hanging out with college friends before I head to New Mexico with Brooks for an amazing trip with the Brooks RunHappy Ambassadors!
Beyond that, I’m still searching for my “something new” for the month (any ideas?) and excited that this is my last full month of training for Boston (CRAZY).
And, supposedly, Lil Wayne’s concert is rescheduled for the end of the month… I’ll believe it when I see it. 😉
What was your favorite moment in February? Did you hit any major goals?
What are you looking forward to in March? Details on spring trips!
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook