I cannot believe that it’s already time to say farewell to March… I feel like this month went by SO fast. It was pretty solid, because, birthday month, and I had the chance to spend some time with my favorite people.
First up was a trip to Colorado, where I did some running, breweries, hiking, skiing and ice fishing. Basically, all the things.
After a good chunk of time in Colorado, I headed to Albuquerque for a weekend with Brooks at Altitude Camp.
Finally got to meet Nick Symmonds:
And did a killer trail run that was so amazing:
And went for an amazing hike just outside of ABQ with some of the Brooks RunHappy Ambassadors:
And that’s March! Before I get to April, check out that March mileage (not as high as February, but that’s a lot of running):
This brings my 2017 total to just over 552 miles.
UPDATE ON MY GOALS
- Set a PR in the 5k and the half marathon: Maybe a better update on this post Boston.
- Try something new every single month: I didn’t do anything dedicated to this specifically this month, but did have some fun adventures that I think count towards it:
- Read one book a month: Umm, so how about the fact that I read THREE books in January, but didn’t read any in February… or March? Still technically on track with my goal if I can get things together in April.
- Strength train at least two times per week: I would say I’m still at a C (which was what I rated myself in January/February). I hit it a few times, but not every week.
- January = C
- February = C
- March = C
- Get my age of money up to 45 days: (here’s my first post about You Need a Budget (YNAB)). Over the past two months, I’ve made some amazing progress… come onnnn 45!
- January = 15 days
- February = 34 days
- March = 36 days
YOUR FAVORITE POSTS
- 10 things from #CampBrooks
- Let’s get real #10
- Mastering the easy run + blood lactate test
- Boston Marathon, Week 12 training recap
- 5 foods I’m loving right now
What’s happening in April
Do I even need to put a section in here for this? BOSTON, BABY.
I feel like life is currently separated into before Boston and after Boston, and I really haven’t given the after Boston part much thought. Before Boston, I have some fun things on the schedule:
- Twins season opener! One of the things that drove me crazy about Austin was the fact that there were no professional teams there! So excited to get back to going to games and all that jazz.
- Launch party for Northmade! My friends recently re-launched their company with a fresh name and brand, and we’re celebrating it this week. P.S., if you’re in Minneapolis, you should come by! Here are the details.
- My sister/niece/nephew are coming to visit! They will be here next weekend and my sister and I are also running a 10-miler together (it’s on the trail that I run everyday so that should be fun).
What were your favorite moments from March? How many miles did you run?
What are you looking forward to in April?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook