Every month I start this recap post out with the obligatory oh my gosh, how is it already the end of the month? I can’t believe it’s [insert name of month] already! And, I feel the same way about April/May.
Side note, last week I went to Trivia Against Humanity (it’s Cards Against Humanity, but trivia form) and I completely failed at a goal because this was a category and I didn’t know any of the answers:
I did learn that they compared JT’s old hair to food… my guess was pineapple, but it’s actually ramen noodles. Totally can see it now.
Anyways! Back to April. It was a pretty low-key month with most of my energy focused on getting ready for the Boston Marathon, running the Boston Marathon and recovering from the Boston Marathon.
Did someone say Boston? 😉
Earlier in the month, my sister, niece and nephew all came for a visit so we had fun adventuring around:
And my sister and I ran the Goldy’s 10 Miler together:
Even though it felt like my training has tanked due to Boston Marathon recovery, I still hit some solid miles this month:
With the addition of 140ish miles in April, I’m just shy of 680 miles (by .04 miles, ha!) so far this year!
UPDATE ON MY GOALS
- Set a PR in the 5k and the half marathon: Nope and nope. But I have both of these on the calendar in May, so maybe?
- Try something new every single month: I didn’t do anything dedicated to this specifically this month, but did have some fun adventures that I think count towards it:
- Read one book a month: I’m back in action! Two books down this month (review for the second coming later this week):
- Strength train at least two times per week: Let me just give this a D. With tapering and marathon recovery, I think I only hit the arms 3-4 times for the entire month (minus this past week, where I went twice!).
- January = C
- February = C
- March = C
- April = D
- Get my age of money up to 45 days: (here’s my first post about You Need a Budget (YNAB)). I got hit with a hefty tax bill (sad face) so my goal of bringing up my age of money kinda took a backseat, but it didn’t drag down my number too much…
- January = 15 days
- February = 34 days
- March = 36 days
- April = 31 days
YOUR FAVORITE POSTS
- 2017 Boston Marathon Race Recap
- And so that was Boston.
- My ranking: The best and worst marathons (Part 1 and Part 2)
- 2017 Boston Marathon race strategy
- 7 last-minute tips for Boston Marathon runners
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN MAY
This month is turning out to be a little bit crazy. This weekend, I’m headed back to Wisconsin for the weekend to run the Door County Half Marathon (in case you missed it) and celebrate my sister’s birthday.
I also had a work trip to Vegas pop up, which also includes a 5k on the Strip!
Not at night, but it should still be fun.
Otherwise, I’m hoping the weather finally decides to warm up (it was 40 DEGREES YESTERDAY!) so I can start spending more time outside.
What were your favorite moments from April? What are you looking forward to in April?
Best part of your weekend?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook