And just like that, another month is in the books! Despite having rainy weather most of the month, it was a blast filled with so many fun things…
Starting with a birthday half marathon for my sister with my cousin, where I managed to tie my half PR.
Followed by some beautiful hiking in Wisconsin…
I kicked off fishing opener exactly where you should be —> up north.
And then headed to Vegas for a week for work…
Which led to another weekend of fishing in some crazy conditions…
And capped it off with a really fun Memorial Day weekend with my favorite people.
In between all of that, I managed to hit the gym and get my mileage back for Grandmas Marathon (t-minus 16 days!!):
UPDATE ON MY GOALS
- Set a PR in the 5k and the half marathon: Helllooo half marathon PR! Well, new-old PR. Seriously, have to stop doing this. In case you missed it, here’s my race recap —> Door County Half Marathon.
- Try something new every single month: I didn’t do anything dedicated to this specifically this month, but did have some fun adventures that I think count towards it:
- January: volunteering with the bunnies // skiing through the trees
- February: the snowshoe run that wasn’t
- March: altitude camp with brooks // hiking the sandia crest trail // blood lactate test
- April: hiking interstate park in minnesota // solo trip to boston marathon 2017
- May: I did tour the Neon Museum in Vegas… more on that this month!
- Read one book a month: I think the nicer weather makes me just want to grab a book and sit in the sun… so excited to get back in my reading groove:
- Strength train at least two times per week: Eek, I think this is my best month for this yet! Which meant that I really couldn’t move my arms without feeling like they were going to fall off for half the month… but that means progress, right?
- January = C
- February = C
- March = C
- April = D
- May = B+
- Get my age of money up to 45 days: (here’s my first post about You Need a Budget (YNAB)). I’m still recovering from that tax bill from last month (boo), but slowly making progress. ALSO —> if you are interested in YNAB, use my link and you can get a free month!
- January = 15 days
- February = 34 days
- March = 36 days
- April = 31 days
- May = 26 days
YOUR FAVORITE POSTS
- My favorite spring running clothes
- Five things Friday
- Girls’ weekend in Door County + Grandmas Marathon training recap
- Running tip in progress: Blocking negativity
- Let’s get real #13
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN JUNE
It’s officially summer which means my number one priority is —> spending as much time as possible outside!
This month, I have some fun adventures planned including camping, heading back to Wisconsin to celebrate my niece’s birthday + my friend’s twins 1st birthday (cue aww’s), running GRANDMAS MARATHON with Melissa and going to Lake Havasu for Steph’s bachelorette!
So basically, not busy at all. 😉
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook