And just like that, half the year is over! I seriously don’t know how that happened; it feels like we were just ringing in 2017 and talking about how fast 2016 went.
June was a crazy busy month with a lot of fun adventures…
Camping + fishing in Iowa
A weekend in Wisconsin
Traveling to Washington, D.C. for work
Grandma’s Marathon + race weekend fun with Melissa!
Celebrating Steph’s bachelorette in Lake Havasu
Spending a week in northern Minnesota with friends
My mileage was a little bit lower this month than others with marathon + marathon recovery (I have a weird leg injury I’m trying to work through that has meant a longer break from running than I usually take post-marathon).
With this month, I’m at 928.43 miles for the entire year!
UPDATE ON MY GOALS
- Set a PR in the 5k and the half marathon: Since I was so focused on Grandma’s Marathon, I didn’t have these races on the calendar. But! My goal is to run a 5k in July and a half in August (maybe I can do better than getting a new-old PR like I did at Door County Marathon).
- Try something new every single month: I didn’t do anything dedicated to this specifically this month, but did have some fun adventures that I think count towards it:
- January: volunteering with the bunnies // skiing through the trees
- February: the snowshoe run that wasn’t
- March: altitude camp with brooks // hiking the sandia crest trail // blood lactate test
- April: hiking interstate park in minnesota // solo trip to boston marathon 2017
- May: Neon Museum in Vegas
- June: visiting lake havasu
- Read one book a month:
- Strength train at least two times per week: I was doing really well on this but fell apart after the marathon… ready to get back on this train in July!
- January = C
- February = C
- March = C
- April = D
- May = B+
- June = C
- Get my age of money up to 45 days: I definitely went backwards with my AOM this month… let’s hope the second half of the year has a better trajectory. 😉 (here’s my first post about You Need a Budget (YNAB)). If you are interested in YNAB, use my link and you can get a free month!
- January = 15 days
- February = 34 days
- March = 36 days
- April = 31 days
- May = 26 days
- June = 12 days
YOUR FAVORITE POSTS
- What to do for a Better Summer Run
- 2017 Grandma’s Marathon Race Recap
- My #1 Goal for Grandma’s Marathon
- My Running Story + Happy Global Running Day
- How the 2017 Grandma’s Marathon Went Down
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN JULY
I have zero races on the calendar in July… BUT, I do start ultra training! In case you missed it, I talk about it a little bit here.
Compared to last month, it’s pretty low key –> looking forward to enjoying time outside and in Minnesota!
How was your June? What are you looking forward to in July?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook