I am not a huge Halloween person, in fact it might be one of my least favorite holidays, but I know that some people are absolutely infatuated with this day… so if that’s you, I hope you enjoyed it.
That being said, I would like to say that this October was one filled with treats —> it was a great month! In case you missed it, here are a few of my favorite moments:
Running the Twin Cities 10 Miler for the first time and meeting Shannon and Jen:
Being part of the Infinity Energy Mile with Brooks Running + cheering on all the Twin Cities Marathon runners!
Enjoying lots of fall runs + walks…
Including a new trail about an hour outside the cities that was GORGEOUS…
Breaking a go-kart and not living up to my smack talk for go-kart racing…
Catching my first musky!!
Joining the Yaktrax Ambassador team (Cold Conquerors)…
As for running, I didn’t have one of my biggest mileage months (which feels weird since I am prepping for a marathon) mostly because I was getting back into it after taking less than a week off from The Golden Ultra. I ended up at just over 121 miles for the month, which brings the total to 1,510 miles for the year. This means I’ve run enough miles to go from Minneapolis to Miami!
UPDATE ON MY GOALS
- Set a PR in the 5k and the half marathon:
- Half Marathon PR (1:41.24): Door County Half Marathon
- 5k: TBD. I’m running out of time to make this happen and also feel like my fitness isn’t really there for it TO happen. We will see how Indy goes and what shakes out from there.
- Try something new every single month: I crushed it with two really unique things this month:
- January: volunteering with the bunnies // skiing through the trees
- February: the snowshoe run that wasn’t
- March: altitude camp with brooks // hiking the sandia crest trail // blood lactate test
- April: hiking interstate park in minnesota // solo trip to boston marathon 2017
- May: neon museum in vegas
- June: visiting lake havasu
- July: wakeboarding // muskie fishing
- August: beer mile // goat yoga
- September: SO MANY THINGS! first ultra // first international race // hiking in the Canadian Rockies
- October: catching my first muskie // twin cities 10 miler!
- Read one book a month:
- Strength train at least two times per week: I’m slowly getting back into this… last week I didn’t do any, which brings down my “grade” a bit. But, I’m still loving TRX and doing free weights — and noticing my arm strength improving because of it!
- January = C
- February = C
- March = C
- April = D
- May = B+
- June = C
- July = B+
- August = A
- September = B
- October = B-
- Get my age of money up to 45 days: So, October was a really weird month because of some money things… but I am excited to get back on track for my goal in November and December. Only 60ish days left to make this AOM increase. I was SO close in March, so I hope that I can make this happen by the end of the year! P.S., if you are interested in YNAB, use my link and you can get a free month!
- January = 15 days
- February = 34 days
- March = 36 days
- April = 31 days
- May = 26 days
- June = 12 days
- July = 19 days
- August = 26 days
- September = 28 days
- October = 37 days
YOUR FAVORITE POSTS
- Negative health effects of running
- Thinking out loud Thursday: Exciting news + trail adventure
- The Golden Ultra: Day 3 recap
- When life gets hard + do you do this?
- Rekindling your love for running
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN NOVEMBER
Ahh I can’t believe we are down to the last TWO MONTHS of the year! This year went by SO fast, I can’t get over it.
This month has some fun races — the Indianapolis Marathon and Turkey Trot with the family — and some concerts and events that should make it memorable. I have a goal of NOT hitting double digits in my miles for the month… I think my legs (and mind) desperately need a break, so I’m going to make that happen.
Plus, the last few weeks of fall musky fishing and enjoying some less-than-cold winter-ish weather before it sets in.
All in all, it should be a great month… I expect it to go just as fast as the last 10, so trying to enjoy it as much as I can!
What were your favorite moments of October? How many miles did you run?
What are you looking forward to in November?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook