I honestly do not even know what happened to November, I feel like the month flew by! It also feels like running a PR in Indy happened a REALLY long time ago… I think that’s what happens during the holiday seasons.
Anyways! Good thing I have this blog, so I can track my favorite highlights from the month:
A weekend in Indy with Melissa!
Where I had a monster PR in the marathon (3:28.35)
One of my besties had her baby and I finally finished a knitting project
Running with my favorite pups
And doing a Turkey Trot with the fam!
My goal at the end of October was to run under 100 miles in November because my body was feeling broken down from the ultra.
*drum roll please*
This month, I ran a total of 51.46 miles! The lowest miles I’ve run this year in one month and I clearly crushed my goal of giving my body some rest before I start ramping up for Boston.
That means that so far this year, I’ve run a total of 1,561 miles for the year and San Diego! San Diego is definitely on my wishlist, maybe I should have made that happen. 🙂
UPDATE ON MY GOALS
- Set a PR in the 5k and the half marathon:
- Try something new every single month: I crushed it with two really unique things this month:
- January: volunteering with the bunnies // skiing through the trees
- February: the snowshoe run that wasn’t
- March: altitude camp with brooks // hiking the sandia crest trail // blood lactate test
- April: hiking interstate park in minnesota // solo trip to boston marathon 2017
- May: neon museum in vegas
- June: visiting lake havasu
- July: wakeboarding // muskie fishing
- August: beer mile // goat yoga
- September: SO MANY THINGS! first ultra // first international race // hiking in the Canadian Rockies
- October: catching my first muskie // twin cities 10 miler!
- November: scraping! (I owe a blog post on this!)
- Read one book a month:
- January: Brady vs. Manning // Swimming Lessons // Lone Wolf
- February: No books
- March: No books
- April: The Husband’s Secret
- May: Lucky You // Big Little Lies
- June: No books
- July: Behind Her Eyes
- August: Lies Beneath
- September: Since We Fell
- October: The Child // Little Fires Everywhere
- November: No books
- Strength train at least two times per week: I kinda slacked at this as I focused giving my body a rest, but am starting to get back into it and it feels good!
- January = C
- February = C
- March = C
- April = D
- May = B+
- June = C
- July = B+
- August = A
- September = B
- October = B-
- November = C
- Get my age of money up to 45 days: Well, I totally stopped spending as much money as I was in November and my AOM is much higher than I thought it would get… we’ll see if I can keep it there through the end of the year! P.S., if you are interested in YNAB, use my link and you can get a free month!
- January = 15 days
- February = 34 days
- March = 36 days
- April = 31 days
- May = 26 days
- June = 12 days
- July = 19 days
- August = 26 days
- September = 28 days
- October = 37 days
- November = 73 days
YOUR FAVORITE POSTS
- 2017 Indianapolis Monumental Marathon Race Recap
- That whole not running thing
- Seven years
- Staying fit through the holidays
- 5 things I’m thankful for as a runner
WHAT’S HAPPENING IN DECEMBER
YIKES, we are just one month away from 2018!! I am so excited for this month because it’s filled with all the holiday fun that I love –> going to see the Nutcracker, holiday parties and of course, holiday cookies! I really hope that there is some snow in our future soon, too…
As for goals in December, I only have one: building my base to kick off Boston Marathon training in January. Of course, that seems so against what my goal was in November to run the least I could… but now that my legs are starting to have life again, I’m pumped!
What was your favorite part of November? What are you looking forward to in December?
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Facebook